Wednesday, July 5, 2017

WCW #16: Getting Closer

Inspiration x2...my Sister & @georgiousdraws 
Happy Watercolor Wednesday everyone! This post is all about working toward the goal. If you follow me regularly, you know that I have two weekly posts: WCW and #100 Days. I am so excited to bring this week's post to you because the painting above was inspired by two people.

First, my sister sent me this quote and asked if I would incorporate it in a watercolor painting. Without hesitation, I dove in. We all have lost someone who has inspired us, guided us, reared us, and my sister and I lost our dad last August. Our dad took time to ensure that we both matured in the Lord and grew to be women who serve others. He left quite a legacy and shoes to fulfill. But how would I approach adding flowers? The reference photo included daisies, and I have quite a lot to master in watercolor, including painting 'white.'

Saturday, July 1, I was scrolling through my Instagram home page when I stumbled upon @georgioudraws gorgeous modern floral. I have been practicing each day to imitate her style as well as others I follow daily. I love the layering of different aspects of modern florals along with the deeper values up front. The painting above is the result. My only challenge now is to replicate this three more times...one for my mother, one for my sister and one for me...so it is suitable for framing.

Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know how your process for finding inspiration. Until next week, paint your heart out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!