Monday, June 19, 2017

#100 Days #9

Life can get monotonous, but break the monotony,
and a desire for the routine returns!
Here's hoping you are having a wonderful first day of the week. Like Watercolor Wednesday, this week's #100daysofwatercolorexercises post is late as well. Last week, I spent time with teachers in developing best practices for teaching reading. This week, I'm the learner with my own teachers learning best practices for teaching writing. When I'm home, however, I'm putting as much time as I can into watercolor. The painting above was born out of shear exhaustion and an appreciation for the daily routine I had developed for practicing watercolor.

Just a few berries and leaves
The next two paintings, above and below, are catch-up paintings for Instagram. See Watercolor Wednesday #14 for the details, but both of these were inspired by Introduction to Floral Watercolor by Jenna Rainey.

Practiced layering leaves and color to add depth and complexity
I will leave you all with this last image...a favorite of mine. I attempted to add layers of leaves in this painting as well as add distinct centers to the flowers. I did follow Jenna Rainey's composition on page 25 of her book. After following her expert example, I am left with more questions than answers. Nonetheless, progress is being made each day, and I'm glad I have time to catch-up and practice. Next week will be busy as well, but not nearly as busy as these two weeks have been.

My question for you is, what do you do when you cannot paint? How to you keep the creativity flowing, if you don't have the time?  Please share your thoughts and ideas with me. Until next time, paint your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!