Thursday, May 25, 2017

Papertrey May Blog Hop

Papertrey May Blog Hop: Gran's Garden
Hello everyone and Happy Papertrey Blog Hop! There are about five things I cannot believe this evening...but I'll only share two: #1) I cannot believe May is almost over...and #2) I cannot believe I actually finished a card for this Blog Hop! To be honest, the end of school is likely worse than the beginning of school simply because there are so many loose ends to be tied up, awards, and making sure kiddos are set for graduation! Sooo....I debated whether or not I had time for a post today...but I remembered a challenge I set for myself several Blog Hops ago, and that was to create an 'all-over' pattern, single layered card. Well, my card isn't perfect, but my self-inflicted challenge has been met!! I do think it comes quite close to the inspiration for PTI's May Blog Hop Challenge. Take a look at the gorgeous inspiration photo:

Blog Hop Inspiration
Papertrey's May Blog Hop Challenge by irtsya
I am in love with the whimsical pattern and the florals. I tried to capture some of the colors using Stormy Sea, Pale Peony, and Berry Sorbet. For my card, the Gran's Garden stamp set was perfect as was the sentiment from Cutaway Tags: Spring. While I should get back to 'schooling,' I think I'll take a peek at all of the other awesome cards! There is still time to play along...so get Hoppin'!

17 comments:

  1. lovely take on the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamped background is a great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Cindy! You chose the perfect stamps in the perfect colors! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Cindy! Love your colors and it matches the inspiration photo so well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfection. I wish I was more comfortable making my own backgrounds, but yours is beautiful and captures the inspiration perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work and totally love how you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL! Wonderful color choices and great all over pattern for a simple, one layer card...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cindy,
    (from a namesake) I am so glad you found time to create because this card is gorgeous! The background you've created is beautifully done. I love giving myself little challenges too, glad you met yours and inspired us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy, so glad you squeezed in time to join the Hop as you're not only a winner but your background looks just like the artist's. Beautiful one-layer card finished off with twine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treat to see your gorgeous background! I'm glad you found some "me" time to satisfy your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your gorgeous card, you really captured the beauty from the artist, Cindy! Congrats on your win and Happy shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have captured the inspiration design and colors right on! Your card is very pretty. Great idea masking out the area for your sentiment. I try to remember all the neat little tricks used ;) I love that stamp set you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!