Thursday, May 4, 2017

Mother's Day!

Mother's Day Card!
Hello everyone! Today I'm playing along with Papertrey's Make It Monday #283: Watercolor Wash Backgrounds. I was so grateful for Laurie Schmidlin's tutorial on watercolor background techniques for cards. Her backgrounds are beautiful, but I liked the free-flowing wash you see in my card above and hers below.

I used Fresh Bouquet for my focal point, and stamped the flowers in Pale Peony, Bright Buttercup, Green Parakeet, and Spring Rain. The outline was stamped using Stormy Sea. I cut out the panel using the Noted Scalloped A2 rectangle die. I topped it off with a simple tag and the xoxo from Fresh Bouquet.  There is still plenty of time to play along and see all of the wonderful interpretations for this challenge.

For me, I'm going to make about four more cards: one for Mother, one for my sister, one for my two nieces, and one for my daughter-in-law's mother. Thanks for stopping by!

Birthday Wishes (detail) by Laurie Schmidlin
Laurie Schmidlin's card for MIM #283

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Cindy! Love your background and the flowers are so pretty. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely card Cindy and your background is just beautiful! It really shows off your flowers to perfection!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY JOB!! Your background is FABULOUS & the floral you've chosen is LOVELY! (I just put that one in my cart!;) ) AND I also like the way you off-set the panel with your image on it! ;) SUPER JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this...I had that bouquet all colored and ready to use, but I couldn't get the placement to look right, so went with something else. I am going to CAS yours and try again because that is such a pretty bouquet and I love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the watercolour background, Cindy. Your card is lovely. A fabulous CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! great colors on your background! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a pretty card! Your water colored background is perfectly done and the floral bouquet is stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Your water colored background colors are FABULOUS! I love them! The cluster of gorgeous flowers make for a lovely bouquet! Oooh and I just adore the xoxoxox's I always sign my cards like that xoxo Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty cards! Love the gorgeous water colored background and the beautiful blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty watercolor wash, just perfection! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bouquet of flowers looks amazing against your watercolor background!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and feedback! Have a blessed day!