Wednesday, April 5, 2017

WCW #4: 100 Days & More

Project for Skillshare: Gestural Flowers
Happy Watercolor Wednesday to you! When I began this series, I was hoping to focus on one aspect of my watercolor journey. As I am diving in, however, I realize that there is so much content I could cover that it's making these posts long. My apologies...I'll work on that. In the meantime, I'd like to review the past week and a new commitment I've made.

The photo above is a painting I created after taking a Skillshare class by Victoria Johnson--Exploring Paint: Learn to Create Gestural Flowers. I loved this class, as it was quick, easy, and the demonstration was spot-on. After the class I was able to at least follow along and create and Instagram-worthy post. It was a lot of fun.

In other news, the #30DaysofBibleLettering came to an end on March 30th. Below is another attempt at painting a watercolor wreath. I do like how this one turned out. Leaves are a sticking point, but I am determined to build up to 5 or more styles by the end of April.

#30daysofbiblelettering
And finally, on Instagram yesterday, I began a 100 day challenge to work on something specific. I am posting with the hashtag: #100daysofwatercolorexercises. I hope to begin my watercolor journey in earnest by committing to daily practice. My plan is to explore shapes, patterns, brush strokes, washes, etc. Why not commit to a project of your own and join me? Leave a comment on or tag me in any of your posts to let me know your journey, and I'll keep up with your progress, too!

Follow Me on Instagram
Thanks for stopping by, and leave a comment below about your watercolor journey and discoveries you've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!