Saturday, April 29, 2017

Watercolor with Stencils

Gran's Garden
Happy Saturday everyone! I'm participating in two challenges today: PTI's Make It Monday #282 and Color Throwdown #440. The color combination is a lovely one--purple, yellow, and green. And Betsy Veldman has a great demo for creating a lovely, soft background by watercoloring over a stencil. Her card is beautiful! For my card I used Gran's Garden and Tim Holtz' Burlap stencil. As you can see, I thought about going around the edges with more purple...I kinda wish I'd thought better of that!! But overall, I think the card turned out okay. I will definitely use this color combo and the stenciling technique in future projects! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job with your watercolor stenciling. Going to try this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is lovely! The subtle texture and soft colours makes a terrific backdrop for your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cindy! Love the pretty stenciled background and beautiful blossoms! Great take on the MIM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely watercoloring and like how you have just a touch of purple with the green background. After seeing all the cards with Gran's Garden, I think I need to get this set too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, Cindy, on purple, yellow and green. Love your card with Gran's Garden on your burlap-stenciled backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your watercolour background is beautiful! Gorgeous flowers and use of the colours and I love that frame. TFS for sharing about the video too.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!