Saturday, April 29, 2017

#100 Days #2



Learning to add depth, shadows, and highlights
Good Saturday morning to you! I hope your weekend is off to a great start. I'm coming to the end of week 4 of #100daysofwatercolorexercises on my Instagram [caboney1]. I have to say that this week was filled with more successes than failures, and overall, I am beginning to see some progress. The sphere above represents one of the biggest challenges I gave myself...to create a shape with depth, shadow, and highlight. I have worked with acrylics mainly, and I find it is a lot easier to to create a sphere with those three qualities because that medium is more opaque and allows you to easily paint over where you have been. With watercolor, I'm realizing that if I don't plan...it won't happen. I had the hardest time leaving that little dot of white in the middle of the sphere. But I kept dobbing it back to white with my wet towel and wound up with a bluish highlight, instead! :-)

Below are a few of my favorites from this week. Until next time...paint your heart out!!

Day 24: Cactus with Jay Lee Watercolor on YouTube


Day 25: Flowers w/Jay Lee Watercolor on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!