Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Watercolor Wednesday #1

Mission Watercolor Pallet
Greetings everyone! I am hoping to start a new feature on my blog each week which will be called Watercolor Wednesday. This is my first post, so I thought I would start by giving a tour of my watercolor journey. Number one: I'm not experienced, so if you are hoping to get some great advice, I would like to recommend several of my favorite artists over on You Tube:
  • Angela Fehr--she's an amazing artist and posts regular videos to You Tube.
  • Sandy Allnock--also an amazing artist and card maker. She has a lot of insights, and she considers herself to be learning watercolor as a new medium for her work.
  • Kristina Werner--Kristina is a well-known blogger and card maker...but she also is fabulous with watercolor techniques.
  • And finally, Watercolor Misfit--I love her quirky vlogs and her simple style in helping us all along our artistic journey. 
I follow many others, but the artists listed above teach and inspire me most! 

Each week I plan to share one project I'm either working on or have completed and what I've learned along the way. Today's post is a preview of Day 16's #30daysofbiblelettering project that I have committed to do for Lent. I have been practicing Brush Lettering for almost a year now, and frankly, I wasn't expecting to do very well with a watercolor brush...but...hey! I think this turned out better than all of my attempts with a brush marker! 

Watercolor brush lettering using a #3 Round, Cobalt Blue, & Purple Lake
Below are the colors I've loaded into my pallet top left to top right. Many of the paints I have are student grade, but I cannot toss them just yet. I plan to use them up and replace with artist quality. Thanks so much for dropping by!

  1. Cotman--Payne's Gray
  2. Windsor & Newton--Burnt Umber
  3. Susan Scheewe--Raw Sienna
  4. Windsor & Newton--Ultramarine Violet
  5. Cotman--Purple Lake
  6. Windsor & Newton--Colbalt Blue
  7. Cotman--Cerulean Blue
  8. Grumbacher--Thalo Blue
  9. Susan Scheewe--Hooker's Green
  10. Cotman--Sap Green
  11. Cotman--Viridian Hue
  12. Windsor & Newton--Permanent Rose
  13. Windsor & Newton Permanent Alizarin Crimson
  14. Cotman--Cadmium Red Pale Hue
  15. Windsor & Newton--New Gamboge
  16. Susan Scheewe--Cadmium Yellow Pale Hue
  17. Windsor & Newton--Quinacridone Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!