Monday, February 13, 2017

PTI: Celebrating 10 Years! 2007


PTI's 10th Anniversary Celebration: Past, Present & Future 2007
Good Monday evening everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start. I am celebrating with Papertrey Ink's 10th Anniversary, and I'm so excited to be participating in the blog hop by digging into past stamps and dies to create something new. The card above represents one of my very first purchases from Papertrey...and perhaps my most frustrating. Being a new card maker and scrapbooker back then I know I never liked anything I put together. There were many reasons: I didn't have time to play; I didn't have the right color cardstock or ink; and I didn't give myself permission to start over. I think the last reason is most profound...not giving myself permission to start over when my card didn't turn out right.

birthday wishes

Well, I've come a long way since then baby! I have tons of scraps, partially-cut cardstock, images I've stamped...and...even thrown away! I know...incredible, right? The card above was inspired by Joyful Creations with Kim. What a beautiful card she made! I love the wood grain, embossed cardstock and the bouquet of flowers peeking through the frame. What a masterful creation!

Close Up: Mat Stack Die 3, Stamps & Harlequin Coverplate Die
I tried to capture the same feel using wood grain patterned paper that I picked up at a locally-owned scrapbook store. I'm sorry, but I do not remember the brand or name. Next I layered some scrap, cotton lace I had in my stash and then stacked a die-cut background using PTI's Harlequin Cover plate Die. Then I cut out the focal point using Mat Stack Die #3 and stamps from the same set. I used Pale Peony for the pattern and sentiment. Finally, I cut a 1.75" circle and sponged more Pale Peony around the edges. Using some of the smaller stamps from Garden Grace, I created my own flower scene. I think this is a pretty okay card, and I think I'll send it to a friend who is feeling under the weather today!

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Kim's card, too & yours is beautiful! Love the colors & the use of the lace!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!