Saturday, February 25, 2017

Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge


Happy Saturday everyone! I've been up before dawn working on my card for Papertrey's February Blog Hop. I started early so I wouldn't miss the deadline for submission: I'm usually one of the very last to post!! This was a fun challenge, and I truly was stretched to figure out how I could incorporate gold onto a dark background. I do think this style is very classy and elegant and the flowers certainly pop against the darker background.

Below was the challenge photo. There were so many ways to approach this challenge, and I think using grapes and fruits on a card would have been gorgeous...but...I only have florals, so florals it was! Since this is Papertrey's 10th Anniversary, I decided to use Painted Petals which is the anniversary stamp set from 2016.

Feb Blog Hop Inspiration
Inspiration Photo
I can't wait to see how everyone else approached this challenge. Thanks for stopping by!

Card Recipe [all PTI, unless noted]:
Stamps & Dies: Painted Petals, 2016 Anniversary Stamp Set and Graceful Greetings
Inks: Just about every color I own! Smokey Shadow, Bright Buttercup, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Plum Pudding, Lavendar Moon, SSS Deep Purple, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Raspberry Fizz, Pale Peony, Harvest Gold, Delicata Golden Glitz, Versamark
Paper: Smokey Shadow; Recollections Toille patterned paper
Embellishment: Zing! Gold Embossing Powder

34 comments:

  1. love how the flowers stand out against the rich background on your pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Cindy! It's so rich with the embossed bg! And your stamping is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty, love the florals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Cindy! I love those richly colored flowers on the black embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take on the inspiration, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely card Cindy! I didn't think I needed the Painted Petals set, but after seeing your card and many from the anniversary challenges, I think this set is going to the top of my wish list!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flowers on the black, such a nice take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the offset panel which is a perfect backdrop for your gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful Cindy! I've got to get Painted Petals before it's gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card. I love the bright pops of color against the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. I love how you did your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card with wonderful flowers! I love the embossed sentiment. Wonderful take on the challenge. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card Cindy. Really beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers against black and the gold sentiment is adorable
    Love your card

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful take on the inspiration photo... the gold embossing is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! Love the black on black.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my... this is such a beautiful card! Love the large flowers hanging over the sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cindy, this is gorgeous!! I love the design and interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your design, Cindy--wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cindy, you nailed it with this beauty! Awesome design and gorgeous flowers. I'm going to PIN this for later CASEing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, Cindy! Love those wonderful blooms with the embossed gold!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely card Cindy. The flowers show up on the black background so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know I said this to you on IG this weekend, but I really love this card. Such a great interpretation of the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!