Friday, February 10, 2017

I "Heart" You!




Valentine's Day Card for my Hubby!
Greetings everyone and Happy Friday to you! The card above is another Valentine for the 2017 season. I will give this card to my husband, Pat. He always tells me: "I don't send flowers to you; I grow them for you!" And it's true. My yard is filled with tons of flowers that bloom year round. At first I was a little hesitant to add flowers to this card, but then I thought why not? He loves to grow them, why not add a little whimsical flowers to his Valentine's Day card!

I am also entering this card into Color Throwdown Challenge #429. The colors are orange, teal and black. I think the thing I love most about participating in CTD challenges is that they have color combos that make me think outside of the box. It makes me try one thing, step back and reflect, and then try something else. I'll admit that my first try with this color combo, while not bad, didn't thrill me. I'm glad I didn't settle and decided to try again!  Below is the inspiration and the card recipe. Thanks for stopping by!

There's still time to play!
Card Recipe:
Paper: Canson XL Aquarelle watercolor paper; PTI Hawaiian Shores
Stamps: WPLUS9 Doodle Buds: large focal bloom and larger leaves
Ink: Stazon Black
Recollections Washi black diamond washi tape
Watercolors: Cad red and Virdian Hue
I also added my own line drawing, smaller blooms to mimic the larger bloom, leaves, accent dots, etc.
Finally, to intensify the colors on the blooms, I added extra orange and teal using my Tombow brush markers. They are awesome for adding just the right touches! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this image with the watercoloring! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!