Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge
Happy Papertrey Blog Hop evening to you all! Tonight I created a quick and simple card using some new goodies I purchased last month. With the bustle of the Holidays, baby showers, and spring semester starting at school, there hasn't been a lot of time for card-making, so I'm glad to be participating tonight!

Below is the inspiration photo for this month's challenge. I was immediately drawn to the black and white theme with the strong splash of reds, pinks and greens. I added a little blue for my berries to create contrast. I love this inspirational design so much, I'll probably use it make more cards for Valentine's Day.

Blog Hop Inspiration

On another note, I've been piddling around with botanic line drawing...or as some may call it, glorified doodling! This is a link to my first wreath I drew, and below is a second wreath.

Photo enhanced with Pixlr
Thanks so much for stopping by and happy Blog Hopping!!

=============================================================

Card Recipe [all Papertrey Ink]:
Stamps:  Fresh Bouquet
Dies: Harlequin Cover Plate and Fresh Bouquet
Inks: Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, True Black, Blueberry Sky, Green Parakeet

17 comments:

  1. oh I love your take on the inspiration photo... so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh...I love your background Cindy! Your flowers are just lovely too and really pop against that background! Gorgeous card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy...love the background and the flowers really stand out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely take on the inspiration! And your botanical drawing is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Cindy! Love the triangles and your addition of the blue. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and I do love your doodling at the bottom. You can send me a card or a doodle any time you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this came out. the background is fab and so are your flowers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought to use a coverplate, Cindy, but it looks fabulous. I may just be CASEing your card. Your doodling is great. Do I see stamp designing in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, your cover plate background is fabulous with your colorful floral arrangement down the left side. Your "doodled" wreath is very intriguing as is your first one posted the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Blog Hop card! The addition of the blue berries to the colors in the photo is wonderful! You make me want that cover plate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy, your card is simply gorgeous. I love how the pretty flowers pop against the background. Fabulous take on challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful card. Love how you did your black and white background, and your flowers are lovely. Also, amazing wreath you drew.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Beautiful background topped with perfect posies! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo! I need this floral stamp set...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love both of your cards, Cindy! Those flowers on the PTI BH card are gorgeous and your botanic line drawing wreath is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is gorgeous and I love the geometric background!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!