Sunday, January 8, 2017

Paityn's Mini-Part 2

Hadley's Choice
Good Sunday to you everyone! Last week was back-to-school take two for me, so crafting was minimal. I did get practice some line drawing and water color exercises, though. For this feature of Paityn's Mini-Album, my great-niece, Hadley, requested I include this stamp set, "Pick of the Litter" from WPlus9. I have shied away from stamp sets like this because I thought the coloring aspect would take forever. In reality, it didn't take very long at all. I'm so grateful to Kristina Werner and Sandy Allnock's videos. Watching them time and again gave me confidence to give this a try.

Today I'm playing along with Simon Says: Start Afresh. The Monday challenge asked us to use something 'new' in our stash. This stamp set was a gift to me from my son and daughter-in-law as I had requested a Simon Says Stamp gift card for Christmas. I'm so glad I took a risk and tried a little coloring to broaden my skills.

50dollar_voucher_600px

What is something new you've tried this year? Please comment below...I'd love to visit your blog or photo to see your work!

______________________________________________________________________

Recipe:
Mini-Album Page: Papertrey Ink's Mini-Album Die and Tag Die; Cocoa Daisy paper and washi tape, Shimelle cardboard sentiment, "So Happy."

Focal: WPlus9 Pick of the Litter stamp set; Tombow Brush Markers:
  • Grass #158
  • Dress #603, #452
  • Shoes #977
  • Socks #603...lightened with N00
  • Hair #055 + 977, lightened with N00
  • Cat #N81
  • Pink ears, lips, cheeks and skin tone #755, lightened with N00
  • Shading with N00 and N81

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!