Saturday, December 17, 2016

What I've Been Up To

December 13th--Goodies for the Office Crew
Hello everyone and Merry almost Christmas!! This past week was my "Elf" week. It's usually the most hurried week of the year because all of the "I'll get this done today..." usually gets pushed off to "tomorrow...and tomorrow...and tomorrow." Then the week before school gets out....well, it's full speed ahead! Happily, I did get everything accomplished. Above are my goodie bags for the people I work with every day. I made ornaments using Papertrey Ink Shaker Shapes: Ornament die set.

Christmas Tradition: Banana Nut Bread for Pat's Crew

Banana Nut Breads...last of the paper pans! 
On the 14th, I began the process of making the annual Banana Nut Breads for Pat's employees. I used to make around 35 mini-loaves...now I'm down to 26! I have been searching and searching for a mini-loaf pan that will yield four to one batch of batter. I finally found it--Wilton has a four- compartment loaf pan that is the perfect size. I can say that although this seems last minute, I wait until two days prior to the party so the bread is fresh.Two days prior seems to work best so I can get them cooled, bagged, and tagged for the guys.

Link to the Tags for the Bags
Now, I'm off for a long-winter's nap. We are on our two-week break, but I do have a lot to catch up on, still. Just look at the lists! And they aren't even complete!!!

A woman's work is never finished.....
What are some things on your list this Holiday Season?  I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing Cindy! Love your projects! I goofed up my banana bread recently~completely forgot to put in the flour. SO SAD. Glad I didn't attempt as many as you. haha!! Have a Merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, too, Marlena! Thanks for stopping by! What I didn't mention in my post is that I only added enough bananas for one batch. I usually mix two batches at once. Something like that happens every year! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!