Sunday, December 4, 2016

Happy New Year Birthday Card!

Happy Birthday Card: CTD 421
Happy Sunday evening everyone! Today's post is a quick one for Color Throwdown #421. I've been spending the weekend working on about 30 tags for my Christmas gifts, so this card was a happy break from all of the Holiday flurry! My sweet daughter-in-law-to-be will celebrate her Birthday on New Year's Eve. I was angst about what type of card I would make...would it be New Year's themed...Christmassy...or would it be a regular Birthday card??? Happily, Color Throwdown came to the rescue! This week's colors are purple, green, aqua, and black.
Color Throwdown #421 
I'll be honest, I'm not a purple person, but I do love green and aqua. In fact, I love this color combination! So I went to work right away using Distress inks, Aquarelle watercolor paper, and PTI split sentiment die. I've been feeling guilty lately spending so much money on card-making supplies and only using them once. So I broke that worry by incorporating some old and new dies for this challenge.  The 'happy' sentiment is a recent purchase from Simon Says Stamps: Avery Elle, Simply Said Happy. I cannot tell you how many times I've looked for a 'happy' die in my stash only to come up empty!
Crushed Olive, Dusty Concord, & Cracked Pistachio
Here is a photo of the inks I used. Also, for the water color, I moistened the watercolor paper with a 1" wide flat wash brush. Then I just swiped the colors onto the paper and dried it with my heat gun. When I thought I was finished, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins for a glitzy finish! The sentiment 'happy' is cut from glittery black cardstock for a New Year's Eve card that is sure to please!  By the way, this is post 100!  I appreciate you stopping by and leaving your sweet comments!!
Wide brush watercolor with 1" flat wash

1 comment:

  1. I love your random swatches of the colors!! Cool! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!