Sunday, December 18, 2016

Glitzy Birthday Card


Birthday card for a dear friend.

Hello everyone--happy one week before Christmas!! Today I'm making another winter birthday card. I think I've created more birthday cards this month than I have in a long while. I really didn't realize how many of my close friends and family members have December birthdays. For this card I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us and Little Tangles Challenge #75: Silver & Gold. My friend's birthday is close to the New Year so I thought the color combination of silver and gold was perfect!


http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c64e753ef01bb095decbc970d-pi
My inspiration--Nichole Heady
I love the soft colors and layout Nichole used for her card. She simply scored around the card to create a focal panel. I also scored my white panel and layered it onto glitzy silver card stock. My card recipe and process is below. What color combinations do you like to use for winter birthday cards?

Gold embossing powder & silver marker detail

Card Recipe:
Stamps & Dies: PTI's Garden Grace
Flower Details:
  1. I stamped the leaves with Green Parakeet and Ripe Avocado. 
  2. I stamped the flower outlines with Versa Mark and embossed with Zing Gold Embossing powder. I used Pilot's Silver Marker to fill in the flower petals. I also used the Gold Marker to fill in gaps where the embossing powder wasn't strong. 
  3. I embossed the sentiment from the set with gold.
  4. I assembled the card using adhesive and only a little bit of foam tape behind the flowers as I plan to mail the card.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Create Along With Us challenge closes this evening, and there is still plenty of time to play along with Little Tangles. Thanks for stopping by!

Create-along-with-us-heading

#75 Silver & Gold

5 comments:

  1. Love your card, so elegant! We are twin this week choosing the same inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gold and silver, Cindy, and how you were inspired by Nichole's beautiful card. Lovely birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!