Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Embossed & Outlined Backgrounds

Make It Monday #269


Good evening everyone! We are bracing for a cold blast of winter here in Texas, but from the looks of my card, I must have sunny Florida on my mind or something like that! Today's card is an attempt at Betsy Veldman's beautiful card for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #269--Embossed & Outlined Backgrounds.
Sparkle-still
Make It Monday #269--Embossed & Outlined Backgrounds
As usual, I'm walking to the beat of a slightly different drummer today. Instead of embossing on a solid piece of card stock, I somehow had it in my mind that I would use white and blend the color of my background. In addition to that, I used watercolor paper and a Tombow watercolor marker #452 in contrast to the Distress Ink Cracked Pistachio. I believe I like the contrast...but I'm not entirely certain! Below you can see the embossing, the blended ink, and for the first outline, I used the watercolor marker as watercolor to outline the shapes. Then I went back and traced around all of the edges. Finally, I spritzed on some more water to soften the edges and dabbed the panel with papeer towels.

The Process
I added the sentiment and the panel to a card base using Hawaiian Shores card stock. I finished off the inside with more stamping, and I'm calling this card finished. I believe I may add one or two more touches to make it a little Christmassy and then will send this to my son and his girlfriend for Christmas!  Thanks for stopping by...and stay warm!!

Inside
Card Recipe [All are PTI products, unless noted]:
Stamps: Graceful Greetings, Painted Petals, Turning a New Leaf
Inks: Distress Cracked Pistachio, Tombow Marker #452, Hawaiian Shores
Paper: Aquarelle watercolor paper, Hawaiian Shores, White card stock 110#
Embossing Powder: Recollections Snow

4 comments:

  1. I rather like your different beat here Cindy...I think this card came out just lovely! It's such a soft background and then all your embossed images really pop...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your soft glowing shadowing! Looks like magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely spin on the technique! The colors and soft blending are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!