Saturday, December 3, 2016

Christmas Gift Tags

Christmas Gift Tags
Hello everyone, and happy almost Christmas! I am finally getting around to some much-needed crafting! Today, I'm playing along with two challenges: Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #268 and Tag You're It Challenge #61. Both challenges offer a lot of inspiration.

This week's Make It Monday, Dawn McVey challenges us to double up on tags for a layered effect. I love that her tags have a masculine feel because I need to make around 30 tags to go along with my annual banana nut bread loaves I bake for my husband's employees. All of his employees, except the secretary, are male. Because of that I like to design something that is festive, yet toned down a little.
DSC_7870.1
MIM #268--Double Layer Tags by Dawn McVey



I was also inspired by Tag You're It Challenge #61. Loll Thompson created a lovely tag with a winter scene. The design team followed suit with lots of snow, trees and blue backgrounds. I do not have any winter scene dies or stamps, but I do have a ton of blue paper!
Tag You're It Inspiration by Loll Thompson
While I like my original tag, I realized that the mini-loaves that I bake will be hidden by the first tag I created! So I dialed it back a little and was able to create several styles of tags and use up a lot of my scraps and odds and ends. All in all a very productive day! See below for the process and samples of my final product. Thanks for stopping by!

Using those scraps!!

Tags for the Guys!
Tag Recipe [All products are PTI unless noted]

Stamps: Tag It's #9, 2011 Holiday Tags
Dies: Minute to Make it Holiday Tags, Limitless Layers-Round, Sketched Shapes die, ART-C Enjoy the Journey, MFT Stitched Rectangles Die
Inks: New Leaf, Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy
Papers: Text Style Argyle Socks, Text Style Christmas Prints, My Mind's Eye Traveler, scraps in my stash
Embellishments: Baker's Twine and washi tape

10 comments:

  1. Cindy, what an impressive collection of tags you made! I'm sure the employees will love the tags and much as they do the banana nut bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collection of tags Cindy! Love all the layers and mix of fun patterned papers! They are all so fun and festive! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stack of tags, Cindy. Love all those scraps being used and the fun you created here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use up scraps, and now you have lots of lovely, lovely tags!! Well done Cindy!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL of your tags are fabulous! So quaint and charming. LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Cindy! I love your colorful assortment of tags. The sentiments stamped on circle tags is a great idea for adding interest and an extra layer. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, what beautiful tags, and I know that they are going to be loved, along with the delicious mini loaves! My precious mom baked the best date-nut bread and wrapped them up beautifully as gifts to friends at church. Everyone was thrilled and always looked forward to receiving one! Great job on the challenges! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful assortment of colorful tags for your thoughtful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful array of tags you've made Cindy. Always good to use up snippets as well. Thanks for joining us at Tay, You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Many thanks for joining us at Tag You'Re It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!