Friday, November 25, 2016

Papertrey November Blog Hop

Papertrey November Blog Hop
Happy Black Friday everyone! I am thrilled for those who are braving the crowds today...as for me, I'm resting after a wonderful day with my family celebrating Thanksgiving. Another great reason to stay in today is to participate in Papertrey's November Blog Hop! This month's inspiration is below.

Blog hop inspiration

I was drawn to the flocked tree because it reminds me of snow...snow we rarely ever have in Central Texas. So, there you have it...I created a winter Birthday Card for my Niece's 30th...and this is just about all of the snow she'll see this year!!


Card Recipe:
  1. I die-cut the snowflake from What the Doodle Snowflakes set and embossed it with Recollections Glitz embossing powder.
  2. Next I used Stitched rectangles border to create a frame which was embossed with Glitz embossing powder as well.
  3. For the background, I used PTI Spring Rain card stock and Spring Rain dye ink to stamp a repeated snowflake pattern. I used a trio of the smallest What the Doodle Snowflake stamp set and stamped in a diagonal pattern.
  4. The 'happy' was cut from Avery Elle Simply Said Happy Die. I used Spring Rain and one of the snowflake stamps to stamp over the die. It added just the right amount of texture.
  5. Finally I added some jute twine to adhere the die-cut snowflake...which adds a little movement to the card.
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and perfect for the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute winter birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - I think I'll be adding this great snowflake to my Wish List!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Cindy...I love that snowflake!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowflake birthday card is so pretty, Cindy! I'm sure your niece will love it! And thank you for the genius design idea of attaching the flake with twine! It's lovely to meet you through the Hop and become your newest follower! I'd love to have you visit and follow me, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and like the creative attaching for your snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful die cut framing, star and sentiment - they look lovely against your blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet birthday card for your niece, Cindy. That snowflake is gorgeous and love how you've attached it under the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your win, Cindy! I won too! I love your card, BTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy spending your gc--beautiful card, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!