|Papertrey November Blog Hop|
I was drawn to the flocked tree because it reminds me of snow...snow we rarely ever have in Central Texas. So, there you have it...I created a winter Birthday Card for my Niece's 30th...and this is just about all of the snow she'll see this year!!
- I die-cut the snowflake from What the Doodle Snowflakes set and embossed it with Recollections Glitz embossing powder.
- Next I used Stitched rectangles border to create a frame which was embossed with Glitz embossing powder as well.
- For the background, I used PTI Spring Rain card stock and Spring Rain dye ink to stamp a repeated snowflake pattern. I used a trio of the smallest What the Doodle Snowflake stamp set and stamped in a diagonal pattern.
- The 'happy' was cut from Avery Elle Simply Said Happy Die. I used Spring Rain and one of the snowflake stamps to stamp over the die. It added just the right amount of texture.
- Finally I added some jute twine to adhere the die-cut snowflake...which adds a little movement to the card.