Sunday, November 27, 2016

Painted Petals Anniversary Stamp Set

Lasting Hearts Card Drive
Happy Sunday everyone! This is one day I wish I could rewind and start again. I don't want to do anything over...I would just like to have a little more time before heading back to work tomorrow! What a cool invention that would be!

Today's card is inspired by Melissa Phillips. Her card is amazing, and while I really needed to make Christmas cards and tags today, I wanted to play around with one of my latest purchases. I love how she arranged her flowers in a free-form style and used a lot of different colors. Her sentiment on vellum is so soft and beautiful. I wanted to do the same, but decided to keep my card one layer instead. She also has a strip of patterned paper, which adds a lovely contrast. For my card, I chose to emboss the edges using PTI's Stitched Rectangle Die.

http://lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451de2169e201b8d23e0071970c-pi
Melissa Phillips: LilyBean Paperie
Painted Petals is Papertrey Ink's 2016 Anniversary set. I've always wanted to purchase an anniversary set, but I always forgot and spent my points instead. This year I stayed focused and was finally able to purchase this set in September. I had a blast using this stamp set as you can see from my initial trial below. The layers are so easy to use, and the flowers turn out gorgeous whether the stamps are perfectly aligned or not.

Practicing Color Combos
I will make a set of 3 cards to send off to Lasting Hearts Card Drive. Click on the "Card Drives" tab above to learn more about this organization. For now, it's time to turn in...even though my once clean craft room is an utter mess again.  Thanks for stopping by!!

A few of the inks I used for my card

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!