Wednesday, November 23, 2016

CASology #225--Soft!

CASology--Week 225: Soft
Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone! I hope your Holiday plans are faring well. My house is clean and ready for tomorrow, and luckily for me, my guests are bringing the feast! I only have a few items to cook. I'll be cool, calm, and collected tomorrow. A first for me!

Enough of that...on to today's project. Today I'm participating in the CASology Week 225: Soft challenge. This is my first time for this particular challenge, and I do love their motto: "the creative study of all things clean & simple." I am the first to admit that I get caught up in making spectacular cards, that sometimes, using only a few products was all that was needed.

CASology sketch
For today's card, I used the "'Tis the Season" stamp and die set from Papertrey Ink. I love the simplicity of this stamp. It can be dressed to the nines or presented simply. I probably used more products than was necessary, but I can say that start to finish, I was able to produce four cards in less than an hour. If I were to go for a second round, I probably could double that!

Detail close up
Card Recipe:
  1. Using Soft Stone cardstock from PTI, I embossed the paper using the Diagonals coverplate, also from PTI, using my Big Shot.
  2. I added a thin line of silver ink along the left side and added shiny washi tape from Recollections.
  3. For the focal point, I heat-embossed the sentiment using silver embossing powder from Ranger.
  4. Then I smushed, Mowed Lawn, Fossilized Amber [Distress Ink], Green Parakeet, Raspberry Fizz and Berry Sorbet [PTI] onto a stamp block. 
  5. Using an aqua brush, I colored the leaves, berries, and candles. I added an accent of watercolor along the top and bottom of the sentiment for added emphasis.
  6. Finally I used Stormy Sea to stamp the sentiment. The focal point was mounted onto white card stock, and wallah...four more cards for Christmas accomplished!
This process went really fast, and the results are so nice! I love the inspiration from CASology this week. There is still plenty of time to play along!

Happy Thanksgiving...and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Cindy! I love the embossed stripes in the background and the soft watercoloring looks gorgeous with the silver embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft watercoloring, Cindy! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to CASology, Cindy! So lovely to have you and I do so hope that you will join us again! I am loving that you could crank out 4 gorgeous cards in an hour, and am hoping that I can follow suit in the week ahead! Love the creative elements you have combined on this CAS card - the diagonal embossing, touch of silver and pretty water-colouring are an elegant combination!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!