Sunday, November 6, 2016

Caring Hearts Card Drive #2

Caring Hearts Card Drive
Happy Sunday everyone! Here is a quick post before heading off to church today. Above is my second Christmas Card for the Caring Hearts Card Drive. I wanted to design something that was more clean and simple for the male residents at the nursing home. I was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches #261 design challenge.

Freshly Made Sketches #261

For my card, I am still challenging myself to use bits of scraps I have laying around. I had a few pre-made card bases that I wanted to use, plus I have a ton of white card stock scraps laying around. For the strip across the card I used a Recollections washi tape. I love that it has circles to mimic PTI's Bitty Dot Navy paper I used for the focal point. Instead of including a mat, I used fun foam to pop up the focal point.


The snowflakes and "on Earth" sentiment are embossed with white embossing powder. The "peace" sentiment is cut from white card stock and embossed with glitz embossing powder. Now that I have my design, I will make 11 more for a total of 24 cards for the drive.  Below is the list of supplies. Thanks for stopping by!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: PTI's What the Doodle Snowflakes & Wonderful Words: Holiday
Embossing: Recollections Snow & Glitz
Paper: basic white card stock and Bitty Dot, Navy card stock from PTI
Embellishment: Silver washi tape by Recollections

5 comments:

  1. Dear Cindy,
    Thanks for you comment on my blog! You make beautiful cards! This Christmas card is wonderful - and very well suited for men indeed.
    Best, Nele

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card to mass produce! Simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pretty blue for Christmas! And that flourish is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean and really wonderful. Perfect focus on the message. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card. I love that it's for 'guys' but still has colour and interest. Good luck with the production line! :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!