Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Papertrey October Blog Hop Challenge


Papertrey October Blog Hop Challenge
Hello everyone! Today's post is for the October Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Challenge. It took several tries to finally decide to what I wanted to do. All I knew was, I wanted to break out the Botanical Blocks stamp I purchased several months ago.

As you can tell from my banner above, I love to take photos of sunflowers. I think that's what drew me to purchasing this stamp. For the challenge, I wanted to use the greens, oranges, and hints of yellow and brown. I tried to work in some extra leaves, but it didn't look right to me. For the focal point, I smudged Orange Zest, Spring Moss, Saffron Spice, Ripe Avocado, True Black, and Tim Holtz' Distress Ink-Mustard Seed onto a stamp block. I used an aqua brush to paint the sunflower which was stamped with Stazon Jet Black ink.

I mounted the block onto some scrap rust-colored paper. Using white card stock, I blended Mustard Seed, Orange Zest and Spring Moss over Tim Holtz' Burlap stencil. I mounted everything onto another scrap of rust cardstock and then finally onto Simply Chartreuse card stock.

Blog Hop
Papertrey October Blog Hop Challenge: Inspiration Photo
In addition to the Blog Hop, I'm also entering this into Little Tangles #73 Color Challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!

Another favorite sunflower photo!

13 comments:

  1. Nice colors, and the burlap stencil made a nice background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sunflower, but my favorite thing about this card is your burlap background - perfect for this card! Your sunflower pictures are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. This is one of my favorite images, and I don't think of using it often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Sunflowers are an absolute favorite of mine! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, you used the perfect stamps for this month's Blog Hop. Love your pretty Fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous sunflower, Cindy! And love how you placed it on the burlap stencil. Just a perfect backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love that image and your coloring is wonderful- as are your sunflower photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy, this is simply beautiful. Love how the striking sunflower pops against the lovely background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great background for that beautiful floral block! I just got the new blocks--you make me want to ink them up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!