Monday, October 31, 2016

Floral Thank You Cards

Thank you card for teachers!
Happy Halloween & Monday everyone! I needed to make around a dozen Thank You cards for teachers who will be helping me with professional development in November. Teachers work hard, and the fact that they are willing to prepare a lesson to share with colleagues says a lot for the profession. I wanted to make a card that was beautiful and quick! So I decided to emboss an outline shape of flowers onto water color paper and color away.

I drew inspiration from Susan of Blue Fog Studio for my design. I loved the panels with the stitched border and layers. I wanted to use up my kraft cards and envelopes I purchased many years ago. I never cared for them because the color was too dark for my taste. Layering the water color paper over a contrasting card stock helped a lot.


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Night & Day Flowers; PTI Garden Grace [sentiment]
Inks: Versa Mark, Distress Inks: Crushed Olive, Fossilized Amber, and Ripe Persimmon
Embossing Powder: Zing! Gold Glitter
Paper: Canson XL Water color paper; Kraft cards and envelopes; scrap paper
Dies: My Favorite Things Zig Zag Rectangle Dies

I am entering the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes, October 26, 2016--

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog 


For your blog

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. So , so pretty. love this card and the flower used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cindy! It's so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!