Sunday, October 16, 2016

Create Along With Us October 2016



Create Along with Us--October 2016
Hello everyone! I hope your fall season is cool and crisp. We are somewhat cooler in Texas, but not by much. Today's card is for Create Along With Us at Papertrey Ink.

Create-along-with-us-heading 

The release this month had a Holiday theme, so I used Danielle Flander's card as my inspiration. I adore the patterned paper background and the Holiday tag as the focal point.

Danielle Flanders-Homespun with Heart
I had grand plans to combine this project with a video in order to enter Papertrey Ink's Star Search Video Contest. I have never produced a tutorial video, I don't have the lighting to produce one, the set up, on and on. However, you never learn anything unless you try, right? So in my first attempt at producing a video, I give you the details for the products used and a hint at the process. The video lasted longer than the 3.5 minute time limit, and it's just as well. I attempted to film yesterday, but I only had a few hours to accomplish the task. I didn't make the deadline, but I certainly learned a lot!

Thanks for stopping by!!


Products used are all Papertrey Ink, unless noted:

Paper: Berry Sorbet, White, double-sided foam adhesive [amazing!]
Inks: Pale Peony, Spring Moss, Saffron Spice, Berry Sorbet
Stamps: Art with Heart, Polka Dot Basics, Christmas Blessings
Dies: Stitched Rectangles, Shaker Ornament
Embellishments:  Various sequins and seed beads, Glimmer Mist, rustic twine
Tools:  Big Shot/Kick, Mini Misti,


3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job on your first video - you are braver than me! lol Your card is lovely. I would never think to use the Art With Heart flowers for a Christmas card but they look wonderful on your shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome video Cindy! You look and sound great! You are brave , I don’t think I could do a video . Love the beautiful card you created! I wish you lots of luck ! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cindy, you did a great job on your video! I don't have the techy skills to attempt this~but, sure do appreciate you giving it a successful try!
    LOVE the card you made for Create Along too :-)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!