Monday, October 17, 2016

Color Throw Down #414 & Little Tangles #73



CTD #414 and Little Tangles Challenge #73
Hello everyone! Today, I'm entering two challenges: Color Throwdown #414 and Little Tangles Challenge #73. These challenges marry well together, and here is why:  CTD #414 asks us to use lime green, aqua, and grey. Little Tangles challenges us to use 'coloring' in any medium we choose. My card is inspired by Jodi Collins at Stamping a Latte.


I used an ink blending tool to smear PTI's Green Parakeet and Tim Holtz' Distress Ink, Green Pistachio. I think the colors marry so well , and they go well together when I stamp the other on top of the first choice. To enter both challenges, I decided to use the tic-tac-toe method of organizing the images. Then I stamped a flower image from "Neat & Tangled" Scandinavian Prints. I used PTI's Stormy Sea to stamp the flowers.

Adding stamped images
The tic-tac-toe method worked well for this! Next I cut SSS's "You" die from black card stock. I originally thought I wanted to use Wink of Stella over the black "you" die-cut. However, it dulled the crisp black color, so I cut another one out and glued it on top. I mounted the panel onto Soft Stone card stock. On the inside I will add a white panel with a message and one of the flowers. I will make three more cards and send them off to Lasting Hearts Card Drive.  Here is a link to one of my other posts giving all of the details.

Thanks for stopping by!!


http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2016/10/color-throwdown-414.html

http://littletangles.blogspot.com/2016/10/challenge-73-coloring.html

5 comments:

  1. What a great background technique! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Cindy~I bet you enjoyed inking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you created your background! Great card! Thanks for playing with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun way to "color" your images! I have that in mind for a card I'm just starting--hope it works as well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!