Monday, October 10, 2016

Baby Boy Mini--Part 2

Baby Boy Mini-Cover
Hello everyone! I've been busy lately trying to get caught up with many projects at work. In the meantime, when I had a moment, I worked to finish this mini for my latest great-nephew, Levi. He's about a month old now, and I got to meet him Saturday. He's so precious!!

Inside-First Panel
I really had a blast making this mini for several reasons. One--I adored the boards. Two--I decided to keep this super simple. Three--I used a lot of my dies, papers I had on hand, and ephemera. The yellow pocket was made with PTI's seed-packet envelop die. I cut the flap off and tucked a couple of tags inside. The sentiment is from Becky Higgins Project Life card set. I forget the name of it, but I think you can still find it at Michaels.



I tried to balance mats for photos and mats for journaling as much as possible. This helped the process go quickly. The striped mat was cut using PTI's Stitched Rectangles die. I also used Becky Higgins Project Life Dies to cut 3x4 panels. I love this die set...there are so many ways to use the die set.


I have several sticker sets that needed to be used. I'm really bad about saving things like that for 'just the right moment.' However, I'm glad I saved this cute little wagon! It screams little boy.


You know I had to do it!! All-in-all, this was a fun little project. The only drawback is finding the right rings for the album. The rings that came with the kit were not large enough to turn the pages easily. And the rings I finally used were too thick for the holes. In the future, I probably will not use a top-turning mini. And if I use the Recollections set again, I'll likely locate something that has a book style profile and build in my own paper panels. It should make the album turn easily.

Other than that, I think this was a hit with mom and dad! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!