Monday, September 19, 2016

Happy for you....

A7 Card: CTD #410
Hello everyone! Today's card is inspired by Color Throwdown #410.  I was late for the link-up, but I still love the color pallet. This week's challenge colors are: peach, grey, and aqua.

This is super quick post for two reasons: #1) I'm behind on life, and #2) I haven't finished the inside of this card, but I plan to very soon!nLast week my hubby sent me a text telling me he'd experienced the worst day ever. I was naturally concerned...was it the boss...are you fired? Not either of those were the reason. It was something worse....his secretary of five years gave her notice! Oh man, you talk about taking the wind out of your sails! I began as a secretary, and believe me, all secretaries have a special place in my heart. Lacy is no exception.  After all, she's put up with my #1 for all of these years.

Patrick wanted a card to "make her feel guilty" for leaving...so...on the outside the sentiment is "Happy for you..." but on the inside will be... "Sorry for us!" Truly, we all wish Lacy the best in her future endeavors!! All of the guys will write their own well-wishes to her on the inside. That's why my hubby ordered a "large card!" Enough of the sappy stuff...on to the card recipe!

Stamps: PTI's Turning a New Leaf, Embroidered Blooms, and Polka Dot Basics.
Inks: PTI's Berry Sorbet, Pale Peony, Hawaiian Shores, and Aqua Mist
White and Black Embossing Powders and sequins for accents
Glossy accents added dimension for the flower centers.
Paper: Soft Stone by Papertrey Ink [PTI]
Card dimensions: 4 3/4 x 7 1/8

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Well, the card is amazing!!!!! Boy do I know what that means ,my husbands secretary of a long time left as well , she was so good and it was scary replacing her. We were happy for her and sad for us. God sent us another good one!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!