Thursday, September 8, 2016

Challenge with Challenges!

MIM #260:Black to Color
Hello everyone! I'm just letting you know, I'm not the best with challenges...and I'm not the worst...but this Make It Monday #260 just about had my lunch! I watercolored, I used Stazon, I tried to emboss, I used my Tombow brush markers...I tried just about everything....but nothing really worked. I finally turned to my tried and true method of card-making...blending of colors, and it worked!  Take a look at Daniell Flander's Video...I'm hoping you can create something closer to her inspiration piece!!



To be honest, all I know is I used PTI's Peonies on Parade and a flourish from Graceful Greetings II. I know I used Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz, Spring Moss, True Black, and Winter Wisteria for the blended colors. My technique was to lay down Harvest Gold over the leaves and flowers...except the middle flower, first. Then I blended color over the H.Gold to create a natural and variegated look. The leaves are more yellow than green, but that is because the dauber I was using was new.

I finished the card with a sentiment from Bold Blossoms and some washy tape. The cardstock is honestly some sort of steel gray...it's a color I'm going to purchase more of! :-) Then I used Simply Stone for the inside of the card and stamped a repeat of the pattern on the inside. You'll have to trust me. I couldn't upload the photo. I finished it off with more washy tape...and I'm pleased with the results!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! I think this technique was perfect for ink blending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Cindy! I think you were too hard on yourself. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Cindy! And lovely ink blending!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!