Sunday, September 25, 2016

Baby Boy Mini--Part 1

Baby Boy Mini
Hello everyone! I'm starting a series of posts for a mini album I am creating for my latest great-nephew. I purchased a 'onsey' mini album board set from Michaels. They have an array of sizes and shapes for mini albums now, and they are reasonably priced. I dug through my stash of papers and purchased a few new sheets to cover the boards. I edged the cardboard with Walnut Stain Distress Dauber by Tim Holtz.

The board set's first page has a heart cut-out.. I carefully trimmed around the heart on the front and back. I cut a large circle from acetate and adhered Sticky Thumb double-sided tape around the heart on the board to ensure a strong hold. I filled the heart with blue sequins and glitter I had on hand. Then I sealed the heart on the other side with another piece of acetate. I was nervous while I was doing this, but it turned out--thank goodness!!

Adhering paper and edging with Walnut Stain
This will be a rather thick album. I used to save cereal boxes, cut them out, then glue paper onto each side. That made the pages stiff, but not as thick. I really don't know if I'll be able to use all of the "pages" when I get finished adding the elements to each page. Less is more will be the rule for this project.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!