Thursday, August 25, 2016

Papertrey August Blog Hop Challenge

Happy Fall Y'all!!

Papertrey August Blog Hop Challenge
I am super excited about today's challenge because the card I've created, I feel, is a card I've designed totally on my own. For the past eight or nine months I have watched video after video. I've copied one person's card and another person's card. I've tried this technique and that technique. Most of the time I've been less than satisfied with the results. But finally...all of that practice and persistence has paid off!! The card above represents a conglomeration of many techniques I've practiced separately...and yet, tonight, I've chosen some of the best techniques to create my entry for this challenge.  Below are the steps I took to create this card:

Step #1:
On watercolor paper, I blended PTI's Summer Sunrise, Lovely Lady and Melon Berry.  Then I spritzed and dropped water onto the paper. Once the water and ink reacted, I blotted the excess moisture and heat set it.

Step #2:
I then stamped "Mum's the Word" florals onto the watercolor paper.  I started with Summer Sunrise, then I split the second and third stamping with Berry Sorbet and Melon Berry. I went back over the stamping with another touch of Summer Sunrise. I used my Mini Misti for this process. To finish the large blooms, I stamped them with Versamark Ink and coated them with Glitz embossing powder (Recollections). Wow! Am I so happy with the results!! The large blooms really stand out!

Glitz Embossing Powder
In real life, the Glitz Powder makes the blooms sparkle and have that extra-special texture to them.

Step #3:
I stamped smaller blossoms using only two colors and I did not add any embossing powder. I finished it off with the single petal using Burnt Umber. I off-stamped the first impression and used the second generation stamping on the card.

Step #4:
To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment in Enchanted Evening and also embossed it with the Glitz embossing powder. Then I added a strip of Navy Bitty Dot patterned paper to the card. The backing of the card is PTI's White Cardstock, 110#.

I'm so glad you had the chance to stop by! I can't wait to see what everyone else has created!!

I almost forgot!! Below is the inspiration for the Papertrey August Blog Hop Challenge. You have until 11:30 eastern time to play along! Have fun!!

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c64e753ef01b7c88783dd970b-pi

8 comments:

  1. You're not kidding your practice paid off, Cindy! This is one stunningly beautiful card--may need to get those mums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Cindy! You are a quick learner and incorporated so many tips and tricks on this one. I just love Mum's The Word, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty!! Love that sparkle that you added to the mums! Congratulations on creating your very "own" design it really turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!