Saturday, August 20, 2016

Back to School Frenzy

Hello everyone! I've been busy helping my district gear up for the start of another school year. It's been fast and furious, and I can hardly believe the first bell will ring on Monday. While I have tons of school work to do, I'm taking this weekend to get caught up on a few of my card projects.

For Lasting Hearts Card Drive
I'm way behind on my card contribution to Lasting Hearts. My personal goal was to send three cards each month, but vacation and professional development had my attention. For more information about this worthy cause, click the link above.

While I'm at it, I may as well enter a card challenge and learn a new technique, right? I'm going to participate in Color Throwdown #406 this week. The colors are orange, pink, green and white. Earlier this week, I studied Amy Rysavy's process for creating an all-over background using a floral stamp set. Her video also covers mass-producing as well as a few other great techniques for card-making.

Brush Lettering with Fudenosuke pen
In addition to all of my other summer activities, I've taken up brush lettering. I wanted to be able to write my own sentiments inside of cards without having to buy copious amounts of stamp sets! I also do not like my own handwriting, so that was another reason. I'm still in the learning stages...my research says it takes about six months of steady practice to develop a style with consistency. I have about four more months of practice.

Below is my card recipe along with Color Throwdown's inspiration graphic. Have a great weekend, and when you are heading out Monday, watch out for school buses and students going to school!

Color Throwdown 406

Card Recipe:
Papers: Canson XL Watercolor paper; PTI white and orange zest cardstock; vellum
Stamps: Cocoa Daisy Limited Edition Stamp-Just Bloom; PTI Text Style: Thinking of You; PTI Graceful Greetings II [flowers and leaves on the inside]
Inks: PTI's Orange Zest; Lovely Lady; Green Parakeet; and Mint Julep
Recollections White Embossing Powder

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! Love your stamped floral panel and your hand lettering. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!