Saturday, July 23, 2016

SAF 2016: Starry Night w/Amy Sheffer

Below is my card for the 2nd Challenge: Van Gogh's Starry Night

Interpretation of Van Gogh's Starry Night
Amy led us through a series of steps to create our own night-time card. My fingers haven't been this inky in a long time!  I've included the video below. While the steps are easy, there are a few of them. Instead of using true black re-inker or black acrylic paint, I used my Tombow Dual Brush Pen #N15 to create the silhouette below the expansive sky. Also, I didn't use a nest of thread. Instead I double cut the word "Faith" in black and silver glitter paper. I then used a 'drop-shadow' effect to create the sentiment. I stamped the rest of the sentiment onto white cardstock paper and used a blue staple to adhere it to the card. Finally, I finished the inside using a star stamp I have in my stash using Blueberry Sky.

I really love this technique and this card! Thanks for stopping by!! 

Inspiration 1 


2 comments:

  1. This turned out so well, Cindy! Great idea to do the silhouettes with a black marker!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!