Sunday, July 24, 2016

Gilded in Gold Tags: SAF 2016

Stamp-a-Faire 2016 Gilded Gift Tags
Happy Sunday everyone! The picture above represents around two dozen gilded tags and about three hours of crafting! I won't bore you too much with the details...let's just say one mess led to another. The happy news is I think I have this gilded thing down now!

Actually, using Liquid Leaf brought back a lot of memories from my childhood. My mother, sister, and I would decoupage anything that wasn't nailed down, and we always finished the projects with Liquid Leaf. I had as much fun today as I did back then!  Below are photos of my process and supplies.

For the white tags, I used Tsukineko Galaxy Gold and a starry background stamp I had in my stash. I stamped the paper all over, then cut out the tags.

For the pink and chocolate tags, I used Polka Dot Basics stamp set to create a patterned background. For the pink, I used the smaller dots and Pale Peony. For the Chocolate, I used Versa Mark and Zing Gold embossing powder to create the background.

After cutting out all of the tags, I stamped sentiments from Graceful Greetings and Birthday Cheer. I used Bookprint Upper Case for the monograms and scrap paper for the circle backgrounds. Then I gilded away!

The only problem was I made a mess of the backside, and I also realized that it's hard to see a signature on chocolate paper, so I decided to use buff cardstock to cover the backside of the tags. Hence the reason I'm just now finishing up. But the good news is I have plenty tags to share with my daughter-in-law! Thanks for stopping by!

SAF-2016-logo

4 comments:

  1. Your tags look great! You inspired me to follow your link and watch the video. I think I am going to see if I can get some of the liquid gold. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on the Glided Gold challenge. A great bunch of tags !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see more photos of your tags. They are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!