Sunday, July 24, 2016

Floral Impressionism: SAF 2016

Stamp-a-Faire 2016: Floral Impressionism
Hello everyone! Hope your Sunday has been a good one! Mine certainly has, but as usual, Monday is creeping in on me, so this will likely be my last post for today.

I love Monet, and Melissa Phillips gave us a great tutorial in creating a soft, impressionistic look for greeting cards. I have experimented with watercolor and embossing before, but I think her tutorial has helped me achieve the look I've been seeking.

I can also tell you that this has been the best experience I've had in a long time. Following along with Stamp-A-Faire, watching the tutorials, and being inspired by the design team as well as the masters somehow helped the creative juices flow. I don't think I was frustrated once with a technique! Thanks so much Papertrey Ink!

Not only was I inspired, but I did learn a trick. Sometimes the dies are solid and the stamped image is delicate as it is with the sentiment. I remembered a tutorial by Papertrey Ink as well as others to die cut a space for the sentiment. That worked, but the word 'of' is disconnected. To remedy this, I used a solid post-it note to keep the die cut in place so I could stamp the phrase in my Mini-Misti. It worked beautifully and kept everything lined up!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Use a solid post-it note to hold die cuts in place
Recipe--all products PTI unless noted:

White cardstock, Canson watercolor paper
Inks:  Raspberry Fizz, Pale Peony, Mint Julep, Green Parakeet, Harvest Gold, Spring Moss, Melon Berry
Stamps & Dies: Graceful Greetings, Peonies on Parade, Polka Dot Basics
Martha Stewart border die
Recollections white embossing powder
Mini-Misti

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c64e753ef01b8d2086a0f970c-pi

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!