Saturday, July 23, 2016

Back In Action!

Inspired by Mark Rothko

Hello everyone! The month of July has been vacation month in our household! While a good portion was spent working [bummer], we made it over to Alabama to do some deep-sea fishing and spend quality time with our youngest son, Matt and his girlfriend, Haley.

I am ending my vacation doing what I love most. It's 100+ degrees outside, the lake is closed, so that means no guilt spending the next couple of days making cards! I will have several posts today responding to challenges posted by Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire 2016. I've never participated before, so I'm really excited about this opportunity. The card is for the first challenge [yes, it started at 8:00, but I had to get my roots touched up!!]: Master Color Recipes.

I used the art-work by Mark Rothko as my watercolored background. I used all of the colors in the challenge except Terracotta Tile because I didn't have it. Instead I mixed Melon Berry and Distress Ink-Fired Brick to create a similar color.  Below is my recipe for the card as well as a shot of the inside.  Hope you can play along!

SAF-2016-logo



Card Recipe
Paper/Accents:  Canson XL watercolor paper; PTI's Stamper's Select/White; Recollections washi tape; sequins
Inks: Distress Fired Brick; PTI's Melon Berry, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, True Black
Stamps: Graceful Greetings

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!