Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summertime!



Summertime's almost here!!
Happy vacation season! I hope everyone is looking forward to a summer trip sometime soon. I know my husband and I can't wait to go to Orange Beach, Alabama for some fishing fun. That will happen in July, but in the meantime, I'm dreaming...

This is a quick post tonight as my allergies are taking a toll. I was inspired by PTI's Make It Monday #252 to make this card. I used a rainbow of watercolors from my palet and washed them onto watercolor paper. Then I used PTI's Coverplate Diagonal to cut out the stripes. Using Dawn's technique of applying adhesive to the negative stripes, I lined them up. I must say, for me that was trickier than just eyeballing it...which I usually do. But it was good practice.  I also used her tip to browse all of my sentiments in order to create a unique message for my card.

I've been eyeing the sunglasses stamp for quite a while [I think they came in a Cocoa Daisy kit, but I'm not sure], but could never think of a good way to use them. Since the watercolors were so bright, I decided now was the time. I stamped them and fussy cut around the frames. I embellished two of them with stashed rhinestones and popped them up with foam tape. Next I used Framed Out #2 Mini sentiment with Hero Arts Cell phone speech bubble to create the sentiment.

I believe this was the most fun I've had creating a card! Thanks for stopping by!

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2016/05/make-it-monday-252-gradient-watercolor-die-cuts-.html

5 comments:

  1. Fun, fun card and love the gradient background!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is great, but those glasses are adorable...
    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card brought a smile to my face with those custom made sunglasses! And the colors on your background are the perfect summer colors to go along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card! Love those sparkly glasses and your beautiful, gradient striped background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one fun card! Love those cool glasses too!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!