Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Stamp Storage for PTI Stamps

Stamp Storage Dilemma
Hello everyone! I don't know about you, but storing and locating stamps for my projects can be daunting at times. Papertrey Ink used to send CD jewel cases with their stamps, and I used to store stamps using that system.

It worked well when I was starting out and only had a few sets. To keep the system consistent, I even continued purchasing jewel cases after they stopped coming with the order. But the jewel cases were tricky to open at times, the stamps stuck to each other, and I wasn't able to save that great idea/tip sheet that comes with the stamps. Plus, they took up a lot of space.

Avery Elle 5x7 Clear Envelope
Then I watched a video by Jennifer McGuire. She demonstrated storing her stamps in Avery Elle 5x7 clear envelopes and labeling the outside. Then she alphabetizes her stamps by company/set. That's what I'm doing now, and I love it. I'm able to store my stamps in an orderly way, plus I have the images, the tip sheet, and even the label sheet all coordinated with the stamp set. It's been great!




I peel off the label sheet and adhere it to the acetate that the stamps come on [top photo]. Then I stick each stamp where they belong [bottom photo]. Not only do I have all my stamps, dies, and tip sheet together...I have my stamps fitting nicely on the original acetate panel. A place for everything and everything in its place!

Organized and ready to file!
The stamp set I used for this tutorial is Peonies on Parade by PTI.  Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great solution, Cindy! I'm not thrilled with my system, so maybe someday I'll take the time & spend the money to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do pretty much the same, but could use more organizing the set....not sure how I want to do that .

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!