Saturday, June 25, 2016

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge
Hello everyone! Hope your Saturday is going well. It's three o'clock in the afternoon, and all I can say is I'm so glad my card is finally finished for Papertrey's June Blog Hop Challenge! I love this challenge with all of the lovely colors and images in Yellena James' artwork. My goal was to incorporate as much of the layering and details as possible.
June blog hop        
Yellena James
I did stray away from the cool colors a bit. For some reason, I'm gravitating to the colors of summer, yellows, oranges, and greens lately. I did manage to keep some blues and purples in my card, though.

I began by watercoloring first on Aquarelle watercolor paper. Then I cut the panel down and heat embossed the an array of blooms and leaves from Peonies on Parade onto the watercolor panel using white embossing power. I also used the watercolor panel to emboss the 'Birthday' sentiment.


My dilemma all day long was the background for the card. White was too bright, and the flowers simply faded into the background. I must have tried dozens of combinations until I finally decided to sponge the colors I wanted. I used the Stitched Rectangles die to cut out the 'frame' and sponged it with Abandoned Coral Distress Ink. So glad I made it well before the deadline. I was beginning to wonder if I'd make it!

The challenge is open until 11:30 p.m. ET today, so there's still time to join the fun!!

11 comments:

  1. Love the colors, flower detailing, and frame accenting! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, your coral frame really highlights your gorgeous vellum peonies, and I love how you sponged the background. Definitely worth your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very eye catching flowers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty. Your interpretation is awesome! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love all those watercolored blooms.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!