Friday, June 3, 2016

Life Can Get Prickly....

CTD #395
Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you!!

Today, I'm participating in Color Throwdown #395. The colors are craft, green, and cream. While I love my PTI stamps, and use them a lot, I finally challenged myself to take a look in my stash to find stamps I haven't made a card with yet.

I knew I wanted to use the Avery Elle Brushed sentiment "You've Got This." Jennifer McGuire used this set before, and she made some wonderful cards. Also, as I've been 'hopping' around blogs, I remember one cardmaker saying that we should make cards for ourselves every once-in-a-while. So, this card is just for me.

Lately, I've been struggling with weight and the inability to exercise vigorously enough to help. I overeat, too....but this card is about exercise...LOL!! Anyway, I decided to make a card to display in my craftroom to keep my 'you can do it' spirits high. As I gathered more supplies, the cacti stamp set from Cocoa Daisy offered another twist. This made me think about the saying, "Life can get prickly, sometimes." I have certainly felt prickled from time to time...so the cacti had to play a role. When I thought through the design, I loved the play between the cacti and the encouragement. Perfect, I thought!! A card was born.....

There is still plenty of time to play along. Thanks for stopping by!!


CTD #395

Card Recipe:

Papertrey Ink:  Burnt Umber, Simply Chartreuse, Classic Kraft, Stampers Select white cardstock
Dylusions Checkered Dots 5x8 stencil [I blended Classic Kraft on the dots to create the background]
Avery Elle Brushed stamp set [sentiment and 'table']
Cocoa Daisy Limited Edition stamp set--Cacti
Tsukineko Galaxy Gold Brilliance pigment ink [the 'table' at the bottom]
Watercolors for the cacti and terracotta pots

3 comments:

  1. You can do,it! I need to get moving more too...thanks for the reminder. Your card is so pretty Cindy! Hope you have a great weekend! It's going to be a hot one in CA....105!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marybeth!! Wish I could send you some rain from Texas!! I'd certainly do it :-) Stay cool!!

      Delete
  2. Great design! I love that you've created a message of encouragement for yourself. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!