Sunday, June 12, 2016

Keep Trying!


Hello everyone! Today's card started Friday night, and I fiddled and fussed with it all weekend long.  I'm participating in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch #176 and Little Tangles #69 Embossing. I have been eyeing the Dylusions Floral Flourish set for quite some time. So Thursday, I finally used my 40% off coupon at Michael's and brought the set home. I've seen others use this set effortlessly, but for me, I had quite a time getting the look I wanted.


I started by embossing the flower onto Aquarelle watercolor paper. Easy enough. Then I decided to use my watercolor brush and inks to color the flower in. My first try rendered a flower that was hard to see because the colors were too light. I kept going back again and again, then the leaves were too light. Well you get the picture. I finally tried again with PTI's Raspberry Fizz, and was happy!

Inside panel

My next problem was that the flower was lost in all of the white space. I splattered, cut the panel down, inked the edges and was happy, agsin...until I saw that it was lost again on the background. So I grabbed my Dylusions Chequered Dots and sponged Simply Chartreuse, and Distress Inks Mustard Seed and Abandoned Coral to create a masked background. I liked that just fine, but something still wasn't quite right. So, I cut it down and backed it with fun foam. Finally, I completed the inside [left]. I'm so glad this card is finally finished!

May your card making day go smoothly!


http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2016/06/case-this-sketch-176.html


http://littletangles.blogspot.com/2016/06/challenge-69-embossing.html
What a mess!!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! I really love the splatters and how you added the birthday die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so pretty! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ,please.....I do not see a mess! :) I see a gorgeous card that you worked very hard on with great end results! It's gorgeous ,Cindy! I had the same kind of crafting today as you did....love this!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!