Thursday, June 23, 2016

Get Well Card

Get Well!
Hello everyone! I hope your summer is going nicely, and you are able to have a nice vacation...either now...or sometime really soon! I honestly thought I wouldn't participate in another challenge until after July 1st when I finally get a little R & R, but I simply couldn't resist PTI's Make It Monday challenge. Then I found that Simon Says Stamp Wednesday is offering a challenge called "Make It Shimmer!" I have been incorporating a lot of gold accents in my cards lately, so I felt comfortable combining the two of them together!

For the first challenge...Papertrey Ink's Betsy Veldman asked us to use a stencil in reverse.  Click the link below to see her video and gorgeous card. For my card, I used Jenni Bowlin's Tear Drop Stencil. I applied Tim Holt's Distress Inks--Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean on the reverse side of the stencil. Then I used the slick side of Fun Foam [the side with the adhesive backing] to 'rub' over the stencil for a 'reversed' effect. Had I used the stencil in the traditional sense, the teardrops would be prominent as opposed to being white.

I used PTI's Stamper's Select White for the background and the flowers and leaves. Then I stamped Bold Blossoms in PTI's Orange Zest, Green Parakeet, Lemon Zest, and I apologize....I don't remember what I used for the blue flower. Next I cut the blooms and the leaves out. I used Lemon Zest, Dew Drop Galaxy Gold Brilliance, and Simply Chartreuse for the centers of the flowers. For the sentiment, I used Classic Kraft. Sorry, I seem to be rambling on, but this card was a little more complex that it looks!

I finished the panel with the Galaxy Gold [the manufacturer is Tsukinek, and it is a pigment ink] around the edge of the panel and the card itself. I plan to mail this card to a teacher who had surgery this summer and is recuperating.

I hope you like this card. If so, please leave some blog love below and then head over to the challenges and enter your own challenge. I do take time to view the cards on every challenge I participate in. In the meantime, thanks for stopping by!

Reverse-stencil-still-dtl
Make It Monday #253
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
SSS Wednesday Challenge

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your stenciled tear drop background Cindy...soooo pretty! Really like your colorful flowers and the hints of gold too...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Good job on the pti challenge!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!