Thursday, June 30, 2016

Bokeh Card


Bokeh Technique
Hello everyone! I love watching videos on You Tube about all things card-making and watercolor. Today's card features an effect that most of you have probably tried before, but it is new to me: Bokeh. I love this technique because I was able to create a single-layer card that has the effect of multiple layers. So simple and easy.

Step 1: Prepare several panels with free flowing watercolor. I have been struggling with creating free-flowing blooms and washes with watercolor. So I thought I'd set myself up for success by trying different hot and cool color combinations. I kept telling myself...do not mix, do not mix. I think they turned out swell!
Let the colors flow and mix!!
Step 2: Prepare the panel for the greeting card and sponge some white pigment ink in circles all over the card front. Below is WPlus9's video showing how to create the effect. The video is from 2014, so I'm thinking this was 'hot' for a while. But I think it's so pretty and easy that I will incorporate it in different ways when creating cards.



Step 3: Add a little shimmer. Shimmer is what's hot in 2016, so to my sponged white circles, I stamped Momento Brilliant Gold circles and little flowers as my last layer. I think it added the right touch! I used PTI's Sketched Shapes to stamp the gold accents.  I believe that was the finishing touch!

Bokeh and a little shimmer!
By the way, Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge is "Anything Goes!" There is plenty of time to play along! Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!