Sunday, May 1, 2016

Step Away From the Card!

Hello everyone! Today I will enter two challenges: Simon Says Anything Goes and Freshly Made Sketches #234. For this card I used the sketch from Freshly Made (see sketch below). I love it's simplicity, and so far everyone is making fantastic cards using the design. I wanted to make a summery birthday card for my boss, and this was the perfect layout.....except......I kept messing with it---



Happy Birthday!

All was going well until I began gluing the panel to the card base. I wasn't careful and smudged orange ink on the card. My solution was to add some fluttering butterflies. I think that was a happy accident, so no worries there. Then I noticed one of the flowers could use a little more ink. I should have stepped away from the card because I've been fussing with that flower all night and into today. I finally got the look I wanted, though.

Watercolor Leaves/Wink of Stella & Stickles
The process/Supplies:

  • Flowers/Sentiment--PTI's Flower Fusion #2 and Sketched Shapes Stamp & Die; Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Orange Zest, Pink Lady, Fine Linen, and Burnt Sienna
  • Butterflies--Lemon Zest and Green Parakeet, fussy cut around the stamped images from Cocoa Daisy's April stamp set I call Just Bloom
  • Panel/Accents--PTI's Stamper Select white and orange scrap paper. I used Orange Zest and the smaller bloom from Flower Fusion #2 to create the border. Then I used Stickles Diamond and Wink of Stella to add some shimmer.
Thanks for stopping by! There is plenty of time to play in the challenges. Links are above and below. Have a great Sunday!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
SS: Anything Goes
FMS #234

5 comments:

  1. Sweet spring flowers make one pretty card! So glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet flowers! Hopefully we'll have some of those around here soon!!! Lovely colours as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Beautiful flowers and dreat take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge!
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and colorful card!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute & festive for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!