Thursday, May 26, 2016

SSS Anything Goes!!

SSS Anything Goes! May 25th
Hello everyone! I've been super busy wrapping up testing, curriculum writing, and winding school down so we can get it started again!  Last night, our son and dear DIL visited us last night. When they left, I was hoping to enter the card above in Papertrey's May Blog Hop. As luck would have it, I missed it by 'that much!'

I was excited to see that Simon Says Stamp opened up their Anything Goes! challenge for May, so I'm taking advantage. We are encouraged to use Technique Tuesday products, but sadly, I don't own any of their stamps or dies. I have taken a look, though, and I know I'll be adding some of their sets soon!

In the meantime, the design above is inspired by the photograph below. It uses pastels and repeated patterns to create the graphic. Another element is the bold sentiment in the middle of the graphic. For my card, I decided to use a tried and true artistic technique popularized by Andy Warhol. In his pop culture pieces he used vibrant, monochromatic colors of a subject in groups of four. 

Blog hop inspiration

I recently received a PTI haul which included "Simple Seashells" stamp set and dies. My husband and I are planning a fishing trip to Orange Beach, Alabama, this summer, and in honor of that, I decided to make an ocean-themed card. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome, and I'll probably use this recipe again!

Card Recipe:

Using watercolors of yellow/browns, blues/greens, purples/red, wash a piece of watercolor paper so that it resembles the ocean. Using the same shell stamp, stamp four images using different pastel colors. Use a light brown ink, such as Classic Kraft, to stamp the intermediate layer. Finish it off with a deeper brown, such as Burnt Umber for the third layer. Use sparkly gold tape or paper to edge the left side. Tear the right edge in a deckle style to represent the waves of the beach.

Thanks for stopping by. There's plenty of time to join the SSS Anything Goes! challenge and a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to the store.

 50dollar_voucher_600px

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - so summery xxx
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Hugs, Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Cindy--great use of the PTI inspiration even if you did miss the deadline this time!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!