Saturday, May 28, 2016

Masked Background MIM #250


Happy Father's Day!!
Hello everyone! My card is inspired by PTI's Make It Monday #250--Masked Background. Laurie Willison demonstrated masking off an area of the card in order to sponge a unique background. I decided to make a Father's Day card, so my design incorporates bold stripes and citrus colors to represent summer.

I used different widths of washi tape and sponged some Orange Zest, Green Parakeet and Summer Sunrise between the taped-off areas. When I pulled the tape off, I decided I needed to finish off the corners as they were too white. I added some more tape and sponged the corners with Summer Sunrise.

Masking with washi tape

For the frame I used Center Style Masculine stamp and die set from PTI. I stamped the center frame with Green Parakeet onto white card stock. The frame was cut from some card stock I had on hand. For the sentiment, I used Orange Zest again using Keep It Simple: Father stamp set. I will probably give this card to my Dad on Father's Day. Thanks for stopping by!!

IMG_3167
Make It Monday #250

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Cindy! The colours are gorgeous and you have done a wonderful job of masking and sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card for your Dad, Cindy! You did a lot of masking but it was definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, citrus stripes~such a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!