Thursday, May 5, 2016

Congratulations!

Hello everyone! So far, May has been a great spring month for us in Central Texas--not too cold and not too hot--just right!! Because of that, we have May flowers everywhere!!

Today, I'm entering two challenges: Make It Monday #247--Watercolored Card Sets and Freshly Made Sketches #235.  Both challenges work well together!

Congratulations!
For Make It Monday, Melissa Phillips used a Bold Blossoms watercolor card set that was pre-printed onto watercolor paper. I don't have that set, but I do have the Bold Blossoms stamp set, so I used my Mini Misti and some masking techniques to create a similar look. I then smushed [I'm told that isn't a word] some ink onto a stamp block, primed my watercolor brush, and dove in! I think the card turned out pretty okay! I appreciated the simple touches Melissa used in her card, and I replicated the techniques in my card to expand my card-making repertoire. To finish the card, I added the 'congratulations' sentiment at the bottom. This matches the Freshly Made Sketch. Above and below are links to both challenges as well as the card recipe and peeks at the process and inside.

Thanks for stopping by!

Watercolor closeup--and a peek at the inside 
I used my Mini Misti to help layer the flowers


http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2016/05/freshly-made-sketches-235-sketch-by-jen.html 

Supplies & Process [Products are Papertrey Ink, unless noted otherwise]:

Inks: Green Parakeet, Lovely Lady; Summer Sunrise;  Hawaiian Shores; Aqua Mist; Raspberry Fizz; Lavendar Moon; Classic Kraft; Spring Rain; Lemon Tart; Simply Chartreuse; and Stazon Tuxedo Black for the flower outlines and centers.

Stamp Sets: Bold Blossoms; Swoosh; and Stampendous Flourishes

Canson Aquarelle Cold-press Watercolor paper, 140 lb.

Another panel for Lasting Hearts Card Drive

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful cards! Your water coloring is just lovely, and I really like what you used as your flourish! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards! Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards,Cindy! Even the inside is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--your cards are gorgeous, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!
    Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, Cindy! Love that you decorated the inside card as well! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card Cindy and I love those arty splatters in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on these with your masking, I thought it was the actual pre-printed pattern paper! The flourishes look wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful these flowers are! Your gorgeous coloring, the fabulous masking....so pretty! So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In you hadn't told us, Cindy, I would have thought you used the printed Bold Blossoms Watercolor Sheet. You make masking look so easy. I need to practice that technique. Love your card and also your front panel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I especially like your splatters, they add just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very beautiful card. I love the pastel colors and a very romantic look. Great inspiration.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!