Monday, April 18, 2016

Slowly, But Surely

Hello everyone! It's been quite a week or more since my last post, and so many things have been happening.

Watercolor: Bold Blossoms
My husband and I spent a solid week clearing the house so the contractors could remove the popcorn ceiling, patch holes, texture, and paint. We also added crown molding to our main living areas. What a difference!!  This weekend, Pat and I 'washed' the house and put a large part of it back together. Yesterday, I took my time putting my craft room back together. I decided to rearrange the entire room. Today, I wish I had put it back the way it was. That may happen in the future, but for now, I'm going to try and make it work.

I promised myself that when the room was functional that I would try K Werner's no-line watercolor technique. She makes water-coloring look so easy. Below, you can see it took a few attempts, and I finally decided that my Bold Blossom petals did not quite work with her technique. I do not own a stamp set that mirrors her peony stamp set. So I decided to do a combination line/no-line watercolor technique, and I'm pretty happy with the results!

First Attempt vs. Fourth Attempt

In my first try, I attempted a color wash first. I used Strathmore cold-pressed watercolor paper, 140 lb. I'm not sure if the paper isn't quite the same quality...or is it I'm a true novice at watercolor? Most likely the second reason. Nevertheless, when things weren't working for me, I pulled out my practice book to see if I could come up with something. I did! By 11 p.m. last night I was able to finish one panel. I'll make at least two more to make my monthly three cards for Lasting Hearts Card Drive.

Left--two tone no-line. Middle--when struggling, pull out Holtz!  Right--Ahhh...finally!
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!