Saturday, April 30, 2016

Great Saturday!

    Happy Saturday everyone! I've been busy with my husband moving 'back' into our home after the remodel. This Saturday's task was hanging pictures. I don't know about you, but it takes an Act of Congress for me to take pictures down and rearrange them. I think we've made some good changes, and I think there is room for improvement. Improvement will take another "Act of Congress." I believe you get the idea.

    This Saturday, I told my sweet pea that I was going to carve time out to make some cards. I needed to create at least one Sympathy card for my stash, and below is what I designed.

Sympathy Card
    I used the negative space from a previous card I created for a recent card challenge. I decided to go with a strong black for the background, however, if I were to make this design again, I'd probably use a navy or gray background. I embossed the leaves and sentiment with silver embossing powder, and I included a white strip behind the sentiment to help display the wording. It was hard to read without that adjustment. Again, in the future, I think I'd emboss that over white card stock instead of vellum.

Another look
    Tomorrow it's garden-time, but you can count on a few more blog posts this weekend...I'm waaay behind with my favorite challenges.

The Process

    Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
PTI: Turning a New Leaf Stamps/Dies; Sympathy Stamps/Dies; Cover plate Die

1 comment:

  1. Lovely design, Cindy! Those leaves are some I always reach for & they're beautiful silver embossed!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!