Thursday, April 21, 2016

Celebrate! MIM #246

Faux Brush Lettering: MIM #246


Hello again! I'm slowly, but surely, getting back into the swing of things. My craft room is a mess, but I am intentionally putting it back together, one item at a time. The same goes for the house after the remodel. The contractors are scheduled to be finished tomorrow, and that is a good thing to celebrate!

This week for Make It Monday #246, we were supposed to take a stamped image and faux brush the lettering. I tried and tried, and the best I could do was imitate. So I cut out the word "Celebrate" and painted it using PTI's Blueberry Dye Ink. I have to confess: I did see Marybeth, at Marybeth's Time for Paper, do this, but I did ponder the notion on my own when I watched Amy's video. After I saw Marybeth's results, and after a few failed attempts of the real faux brushed lettering, I decided to give the die-cut route a try. I'm glad I did because I love the results.

Make It Monday #246
Make It Monday #246
I plan to send this card to my soon-to-be 28-year-old who lives in Florida. I think this makes a nice card for him since he just purchased a fishing boat. Not only that, but the blues in the card mirror the lake he fishes at regularly: Okeechobee Lake.

For the card I used my recent PTI haul of frame dies, scribble dies, and the Celebrate word die. I apologize for not having the exact names of the dies available...I'm still disorganized.*

Completed Card
Thanks for stopping by!

*There's still time to play! You have until Monday, April 25th @ 6:00 a.m.





10 comments:

  1. Great card Cindy and I love your how die cut lettering turned out! I'm sure your son is going to love this!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! this is pretty!! I love your shading and these beautiful blues!! Marybeth will be honored that you CASEd her!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks great! I agree that this challenge was harder than I thought it would be. Amy made it look so easy... You did a great job and your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out great in the end of your trials! Love all the hues of blue and the cut out of your word. I agree that it looked easier than it was to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the blues on your fab card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and the die cut lettering turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost gave up & used a die cut, too! Your card is wonderful & perfect for a guy--or my sis who loves blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, this is a fabulous card for anyone but works well for your son. I'm sure he'll appreciate it even more knowing you made it especially for him. Great idea to use a die cut for the brushed lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your house is a busy one Cindy! Your card is perfect for anyone and your son. My son is just a bit younger . I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you used the die-cut for the faux brush lettering - it works! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Have a blessed day!